Moong pulse (yellow/green split) - 2 tbsp
Rice - 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
Asafoetida - pinch
Salt - to taste
Turmeric - 1/4th tsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Ginger (grated) - 1tsp
Water - 3 cups
-Soak the moong pulse and the rice for 2 hours.
- Take a deep pan for cooking.
-On a medium flame add ghee to the pan
-When the ghee is a little warm, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds turn a light brown, add the grated ginger.
- When the ginger begins to stick to the vessel, add the soaked rice and moong pulse.
- Along with that add the salt and turmeric.
- Saute for about a minute and add the water.
- Increase the flame to high till the water starts comes to a boiling point.
- Now reduce to medium-low heat, cover the khichdi and allow it to cook till well done.
- Then remove the cover and mix the khichdi well with a ladle, the rice and moong pulse should blend well with one another. Make sure it’s mushy and wet...then it’s fun to eat.
-we can garnish with chopped green coriander.
- we can add finely chopped vegetables like carrots, beans, bottle gourd when cooking to detox or as a rest day meal.
- If we are cooking it because we love khichdi (like we at trihealers do), we can play around with it even more. We can add chopped onions and garlic in the seasoning. We can add small chopped cauliflower and potato also to the seasoning.
Enjoy a super light and easy on our digestive system and super healthy meal.