Loaded Sweet potatoes.
- 8 Small to medium-sized sweet potatoes.
- 2 cups of ready green moong sprouts (recipe for making sprouts is on the quinoa khichdi blog) cooked in coconut milk.
- 4 steamed and grated beetroots.
- 2 cups of Tabbouleh
Ingredients for the thick sprout curry.
- 3 pods of garlic.
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients for Tabbouleh
- 1/4th tsp cumin seeds.
- 1 small to medium-sized onion.
- 1 small to medium-sized tomato
- 2 cups of chopped parsley.
- Lime/lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste.
First and foremost wash the sweet potato under running water. Rather scrub them well coz we will be eating them with the peels. Then pat them dry with a paper towel. Then prick each sweet potato 6 - 8 times with a fork. This will allow the air to escape while cooking. Then place them in the middle rack of your oven not wrapped in foil or not even on a baking tray. This will help them crisp all around. You can pop the foil-lined tray under on the bottom rack to catch any liquid escape from the baking sweet potatoes.
Bake for an hour at 200 degrees Celcius or a little longer till done.
While the sweet potatoes are baking let's prepare our Tabbouleh and the Moong sprout curry.
How to make the sprout curry.
- Take 1/2 a tsp of oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot add the cumin seeds to it.
- Then add the finely chopped onions to the oil.
- Once the onions turn transparent add the finely chopped garlic to it.
- When the garlic starts sticking to the pan add the sprouts.
- Saute it for a while then reduce the flame to slow, add a little water to the sprouts. Cover them and let them steam cook.
- When the sprouts are well cooked add the coconut milk to it. Cover the pan and let it cook so the sprouts are further cooked in the coconut milk...they soak the coconut flavor in them and the curry thickens.
- Now add the salt and pepper to the curry.
- Leave it ...while the curry sits it further thickens.
How to make the tabbouleh.
- Finely chop the parsley, onion, and tomato.
- Mix all the 3
- add the lime/lemon and the salt to your taste and our tabbouleh is ready.
How to check whether the sweet potato is done.
The perfect sweet potato will be crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside. Run a thin skewer all the way through the sweet potato to make sure it's done.
How to load these sweet potatoes.
- Make a neat slit at the center of the sweet potato.
- Lightly squeeze it so it opens up.
- Now dress it up with the thick sprout curry, followed by the tabbouleh, followed by the grated beetroot.